The first constable in Menands was Bernard Kilmade. It was a part time position as Mr Kilmade was the chauffeur for Mr. Harry Sage.
Al Graffunder was the first Police Chief in the Village of Menands. He was appointed by the VIllage Trustees in 1924 when the Village was incorporated. He served in this capacity until his death on March 13, 1957.
James Clayton was appointed Acting Chief in March of 1957 and became Chief on December 10, 1957.
Douglas Smith served as a policeman on a part-time basis as he was employed by the Telephone Company.
Albert Lippincott was appointed as full time policeman in 1941 and retired 1953.
Two years later James Golden was appointed to the force.
The following men have served the Village on the Police Force:
|William Berrigan||Kenneth Fonda|
|William Kayser||Robert Laird|
|Thomas Fallon||James Mosca|
|Thomas Stemp||Joseph Elrott|
|Leonard Brunelle||Francie Kemprowski|
|James Fleitz||David Klefbeck|
|Michael McCauley||Edward Joy|
|Kevin Franklin||William Treacy|
|David Morrison||Clement Kinnicutt|
|Peter Forner||Gary Bosko|